Monday, January 14, 2008

Time to move on

I'm delighted to see today, India have dropped the charges against Brad Hogg and Harbhajan will definately be free to play in the final two tests of the series.

The whole scenario that has erupted over the past couple of weeks is too detailed to map out here. But, I for one am pleased the series can finally resume (sadly not at 1-1, but 2-0 to the aussies), and hopefully can finish with two competitive games.

Despite the dropping of the charges against Hogg it seems he is going to be replaced by paceman Shaun Tait. Interesting move. Tait has ability but I'm a big fan of having the spin option in your team. I know Ponting can turn to Symonds and Clarke, but part-timers can't do the job of an out-an-out spin bowler. But, hey ho! Who am I to question a captain and cricketer of Ricky Ponting's knowledge and ability.

My final point in this post is on Adam Gilchrist. Gilchrist WAS destructive and has a fabulous test/one-day record. But he seems to be digging himself a bit of a hole at the moment. Maybe the time has come to START looking for new prospects, and by this I don't mean Brad Haddin (despite the fact he probably will takeover!).

No comments: